BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Last night

So last night when I woke up for the first of many middle-of-the-night bathroom visits, I discovered (men stop reading) a little bit of blood. I had been cramping all night with a few contractions every hour so I was a little excited that maybe things were progressing. Well, I managed to go back to sleep but each time I woke up (every hour) I felt like things were just the same, nothing too intense.

I was just starting to get a little bit annoyed with all these cramps and pains not going anywhere when I noticed our neighbor's house on my way back to bed. I was instantly overcome with sadness as well as disappointment in myself for even getting the least bit upset. You see my neighbor had been up all night too, I'm sure. But not anticipating the exciting birth of a baby. No, not even close. He was up grieving the devastating news that both his parent's died in a house fire the night before. Our problems often seem so big but really, they are usually so small when we put them into perspective. Please keep our friend and neighbor Erik and his family in your prayers.

4 comments:

Miss said...

oh my gosh! that is terrible! i will be praying for them....

also, I totally agree. Our "problems" seem so severe until we get a reality check

Kristi said...

I heard about that fire. Thank you for sharing this. It is a good reminder that there are real people behind the headlines. It is easy to hear the story and then move on, but that isn't so easy for those who are involved.

Brit said...

hugs to you and your neighbor, hopefully you both find the kind of comfort you need.

your belly pics are seriously adorable. you are the cutest pregnant girl EVER.

i can't wait until your wesley arrives. we have to get our boys together!

Me Addison And Our Boys said...

That is so sad! You are so right about perspective.

I bet you'll go soon now though with the blood and all...well, obviously you will since the baby can't stay in there forever! :)