BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 28, 2009

Almost back to normal

In a few short days, our lives will be somewhat back to normal, whatever that may be. I have been staying with my parents for the last month while Richie works overnights. Me and Phili have been going back the one day he has off then coming back to my parent's again.

I didn't mention this in my previous posts but the reason why I haven't felt comfortable staying home with him at work all night is because there have been 2 attempted break ins on our block. Luckily the homeowners had dogs that woke them up and in one instance, the husband woke up to not one, but THREE men trying to get in. Fear got a hold of me and I was terrified to stay home. I told Richie to leave the doors unlocked when he left for work at night so that they could come in while we weren't there and see we have nothing too valuable and not come back! He did leave the front door open on accident one night but nothing happened so that was relieving.

Last week I decided to kick fear in the butt and I stayed home alone with Phili for 3 nights. It actually felt really peaceful and powerful to do it but I am really looking forward to my big strong manly man being home with us at night :)

Me and Phili had a wonderful weekend up at my parent's cabin. We went on a boat ride, went to some neat shops, went to the ice cream shop and the best part of all...Phili slept like a normal kid for the first time in a looooong time (7-7). With all this running around, his schedule has been thrown for a loop and needless to say it spiraled out of control. He would stay up as late as 11 to 1 and then not nap all day but be super naughty and crabby. I tried so hard to get him down at a decent time (usually 8) but he would seriously fight it for hours. It was a nightmare but it has gotten better!!

After posting about how easy this pregnancy has been, I had a huge scare yesterday. I started cramping at the cabin but figured it was probably normal, maybe things were just stretching in my tummy. Well on the way home we stopped and when I went to the bathroom I discovered I was spotting. Eak. Not fun to see when you're pregnant. This went on about half an hour. By the time we got back to my parent's house, I felt better and the spotting had stopped. Being it was Sunday and I'm not at home, I didn't call the Dr. But everything seems normal today so I am hoping and praying it was nothing. I will probably get checked out when I get back home.

We are having a little party tomorrow night for a friend of our family's who had a baby girl this summer. I am really excited. After that we head back home. This weekend is my favorite event of the year, the annual Apple Orchard party at my aunts. I will post pictures of Phili in his costume. Trust me, you don't want to miss it!!

5 comments:

Miss said...

I knew about the break ins b.c you told me...but its still scary to think about as I read your post. I don't blame you AT ALL for not wanting to stay home (and I Never get scared at a home alone)...and am SO proud of you for "kicking fear in the butt" =) haha

i will be praying about the spotting you had yesterday....!!! I love you!

Mary said...

Thanks Miss! I have been feeling the baby move today so I'm not very worried. You had quite a scare yesterday too huh!?

Me Addison And Our Boys said...

hey girl, i just read your comment on my blog and laughed! i know, i know, i need to get something on there, but when i get behind i feel to overwhelmed and not even sure where to start, plus i figured i didn't have any "readers" left! i'll work on it. can't wait to see you this weekened and i am proud of you for staying home, you're a better woman than me because even when i have done it, i am usually not peaceful! i'll pray for you and your baby!

Erin C said...

Hey Mary... I would have been at my parents house too! My hubby works nights all of the time and I hate it! I never sleep well when he is gone! How long does Richie have to do nights for? I hope he is off of them soon! I am thinking good thoughts for you and babe!

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh that is scary! You didn't tell me that! Yikes. I don't blame you.