BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, May 9, 2008

Happy Mother's Day, Mom


My cousin asked us to tell a story that best represents who our mom is. Here is what I wrote. It's not exactly a story but oh well :)


My mom is the most selfless person I know. She would do anything for anyone. She is always thinking of things to do for other people. You don't even have a chance to ask her for help when you need it, she already knows it's needed. The condition of my mom's feet tell a lot about her. They are in pain. Not because she was an all-star athlete but because she sacrificed her own needs for us. She would always buy herself cheap, uncomfortable shoes just so she could buy us kids something nice. She sacrificed many things growing up to give us kids the best life she could. When I was 19 and didn't have a car, she would drive me 45 minutes to college two nights a week and just wait for hours until I got out of class. Even if she didn't have errands to do, she would just sit in her car and read. She never complained once. When most kids were embarrassed to be seen with their parents in high school, I waved my friends down because I knew they would be delighted to see my mom. I wasn't always an easy kid but my mom has never shown me anything but forgiveness and grace. She is a true example of Christ's love. My mom is full of love, wisdsom & compassion and I am so blessed to call her Mom.

8 comments:

Miss said...

i love this..it almost made me cry! Seriously!

Barbara said...

It almost made me cry too. I have always wanted to be more like you mom!

momof3 said...

awww that's soooo sweet! Your mom is awesome I don't know who wouldn't love her. You're so blessed that you have a mom like that.

Haddi said...

I love Cindy!

Haddi said...

he'll be gone for a little over a month, he comes back june 12.

I saw Phili today! he's so cute!

Erin C said...

Happy Mothers Day Mary!

Jen gurl said...

This was SO nice of you, Mary, and SO true of your mom! I have told Woody many times how I think your mom is the most selfless person I know & how blessed I am to have her as a mother-in-law! She is amazing:)

Me Addison And Our Boys said...

i agree, i started to get teared up as well! it is SOOOOO true about her. she is an amazing woman that is for sure!