BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Joyce Meyer

Joyce Meyer (http://www.joycemeyer.org/) has been so instrumental in my walk with God (along with family members). Days when I wake up early enough to watch her on tv and read the Bible are just different that any other ordinary day. I can't explain it but I just have a peace throughout the day that is like no other. Last night as I was praying about Richie looking for work (The plant he was working at in Ramsey got shut down while he was working in KS), I kept praying for peace in our hearts. Peace regarding his work, peace regarding our finances, peace about so many different things we worry about. I wake up to this devotion by Joyce Meyer. God's timing is so perfect.

Petition with Thanksgiving

March 27

And God’s peace [shall be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. —Philippians 4:7

NOTE: I looked up the definition of "Tranquil" and it means...placid: (of a body of water) free from disturbance by heavy waves. I pray that your hearts will be free from disturbance by heavy waves. (I know I can't pray away disturbances altogether, shoot!) The rest is from Joyce...

We can petition the Lord for things we need every morning. God’s Word tells us to lay our requests before Him: “Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God” (Philippians 4:6).

But don’t spend all your time with God petitioning for things. You are out of balance if your petitions outweigh your praise and thanksgiving. A heart full of thankfulness will make any day better.From the book Starting Your Day Right: Devotions for Each Morning of the Year by Joyce Meyer.

4 comments:

Jen gurl said...

Wow, Mary! Thanks for sharing that. It's sometimes hard to remember the "giving thanks" part when talking to God. Somedays (like yesterday) it seems like it's all "prayer and petition"!? Thanks for the encouraging words! I needed it today.

Miss said...

That is incredible! Isnt his timing ALWAYS amazing!
What happened with Richies job?

Mamie said...

That was good Mar, thanks for sharing. I've been praying for Richie's job, and that he'll have patience and enjoy this time with you and Phili until that perfect job comes...because it will.

Barbara said...

Mary - thanks for sharing that. I've never heard about the balance between praise & thanks and request but it makes so much sense! Richie is a wonderful young man and I know God will provide.