BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Thanksgiving to remember


The day began with laughter and fun,
time spent with family and eating a ton
We played some cards and watched the game,
before we knew it the time to go came
So we said our goodbyes and got in the car
Thankful we wouldn't be driving too far

But everything changed within a flash
The next thing we knew, we were in a car crash
Headlights, screeches, spinning and screams
I feared goodbyes and broken dreams

Please God no, don't let us die
were the thoughts in my head as I let out a cry
My baby's in the back, I'm afraid to know
But as I turned around to see him
God's protection would show
That He was right there with us carrying us through
He would not forsake us for His word is true

He had us in his care that night
Though the roads were pitch black,
we could only see His light

We escaped with only minor injuries
Our thankfulness continually brings us to our knees

Thank you Jesus for keeping us safe, thank you for your refuge, protection and loving faithfulness.















8 comments:

Mamie said...

Well written, that brought tears to my eyes. No matter how many times I see those pictures, it's still is so shocking. I love the verse about the Eagles Wings.

Barbara said...

Mary, I was sick when I got an e-mail from your mom (this morning) telling me you had been in an accident. I'm so grateful you were protected. What a thanksgiving with much to be grateful for.

You did an amazing job putting your thoughts into words. I never knew you had such a talent.

Miss said...

oh man mary....what a great poem. I got chocked up reading it in my head, and then I read it to bill and really started crying and he got all chocked up too!!! WHAT A REFUGE WE HAVE!!!!

Erin C said...

I am so glad you are all safe and okay, how scary!

Rachel said...

Mary that was beautiful. I heard the news and tried to call but I think an error occured? I'm sorry I never got back to it! I am SO SO SO thankful you were safe.. I cannot imagine how scary that must have been.

I love you!

Me Addison And Our Boys said...

that is an amazing poem and i am in shock over the pictures! i couldn't believe it when i heard about the accident but i am SO thankful that you are all ok! i love you!

Jen gurl said...

SO, SO glad that you guys are okay & alive:) Very nice poem! Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Little Wonders said...

Mary,
Katie just told me about your accident. How scary!! I can't even imagine what must have gone through your mind during those seconds. I am so thankful you guys were all safe - a total miracle, looking at that car!