BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A new & wonderful kind of normal

I love it here. It's hard to explain how I feel but it's really good! We have boxes to unpack and things to organize but we are together as a family now and that's all that matters. Richie has been so delightful. We had dinner at a restaurant our first night here and when we left he declared, "We belong here!" Everyone is so friendly and welcoming, it really is lovely! I feel sort of like we're in a scene from a cheesey movie where everyone walks around town with huge smiles on their faces greeting each other, but it's a good kind of cheesey! Phili's about to wake up (now that I don't have to get him up at 6:30, he sleeps in until 9!) so I am going to cut this short but I'll try and update more soon. Miss you all!!

3 comments:

Becca said...

I 'm SOOO glad you love it there!! We didn't chose to move here and we'll want to come back but we feel very peaceful being here... it's a great feeling!

Mamie said...

Delightful? Lovely? You ARE a new person! I'm so happy you're all happy in Red Wing.

Barbara said...

Hi Mary - before I comment Rachel asked me to let you know the comment from Becca is really from her.

As you know we lived in Red Wing for 7 1/2 years. It was a wonderful time in our life. To this day we have dear friends that live there.

Even though I would prefer Rachel living closer to us and I'm sure your family feels the same about you - we all have so much to be grateful for...jobs & shelter to name two important ones. Healthy children and a support system that goes on and on and on!

I know God is going to use this time in yours and Richie's life to bring you closer to each other as a family and to Him.