BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 27, 2009

Light at the end of the tunnel!

I found this post from the beginning of summer last year. I thought I'd post it again to remind us all of some of the good things we have to look forward to! Feel free to post some of your favorites too :)
These are a few of my favorite things about this time of year....

*Stays light out longer

*Hearing birds chirp

*Kids playing outside

*People going for walks, bike rides, etc.

*Not having to bundle up Phili

*Campfires

*Grilling food

*Outdoor sporting events

*Not having to wear socks (flip flops)

*Being on the lake

*People golfing

*Construction being done & knowing a lot of laid off people have work for the summer

*Being at my parent's house

*The smell of fresh cut grass

*Feeling the warmth of the sun when I get in my car

*All of the beautiful flowers outside

*Garage sales

*Graduation parties, weddings, etc.

*Lilac bushes ( My favorite!)

I took this picture on a warm May day back when Richie & I moved into our 2nd apartment (it was right across the hall from our 1st one but had 2 bedrooms hehe). It was such a wonderful day. Spring time to me represents hope & good things to come. I can't wait!!!

3 comments:

Me Addison And Our Boys said...

Now I am even more excited for summer (& depressed that it snowed a million feet last night!)

Rachel said...

perfect post.. I have to remember brighter days are coming!! It's so gloomy here and yucky, not even any snow!

Miss said...

your list made my heart skip a little beat! =)