BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 23, 2010

This too shall pass

That is what I have been telling myself everyday for the last few weeks. We are in the thick of the outage with Richie working 72 hours a week 6 overnights/wk (He leaves around 4:30pm and gets home around 6am). I didn't realize how much I would miss him. Not just his help but actually him. Although he is very helpful with the boys when he is home. He is so good to me too, always trying to sacrifice his own sleep when he gets home in the morning so I can get some rest. We are both pretty stubborn though so that usually doesn't go as planned :)

Wesley is 7 weeks old today. He is still up every 2 hours at night but he is growing big so I know he's healthy. He's been smiling and cooing lately. It is so cute!

I think it's starting to settle in with Phili that this little dude is here to stay because his behavior has been practically unbearable to deal with lately. He started preschool for 2 and 3 year olds two mornings a week so it has been really nice to get some things done. I miss him a little bit while he's gone and that is good, I think :)

Wow, this is sounding really waa waa waa! Sorry about that. This season in our lives will be over shortly and I knew the outage would be difficult. It's just a little more lonesome than I anticipated. I will try to post a more uplifting post soon but honestly right now this is all I got. My nephew Cooper should be here very soon so that is really exciting and is keeping me going everyday! I will try and update with some photos of the boys soon.

7 comments:

Brit said...

Hugs to you, Mary! Hang in there :)

Randi said...

hang in there Mary!

Barbara said...

It sounds like you miss your husband, your two year old is right on schedule and you are lacking sleep! I'm so glad your mom is coming - she will not only give you some help but she is always so much fun to be with! Hopefully the outage will be over soon. I'm sure its just a hard on Richie to be away form you too.:)
Love you!

Rachel said...

I'm sorry Richie is working so much. I feel sick just thinking about it. I hate when Joey is working hours like that... and then trying to be quiet while he sleeps on top of it! And I don't even have a newborn!

I'll be praying for you guys.

Miss said...

oh mar !I hear ya missing your husband~ When Bill started on the road 3-4 nights a week (Tate was 1 month) I missed HIM so so so much. I didn't realize how much I loved him until that point in our life =)

i will pray for you!

but, your words to yourself are wise. Now, Tate is almost 6 years old....that time DID pass =)

Me Addison And Our Boys said...

i'm sorry you are feeling down...i know the feeling sister and it will pass, the real question is WHEN? :)

Erin C said...

Thinking about you! Hang in there!